We are very proud of our Ohio nonprofit corporation. Founded in the 1950’s, we strive to serve the public by offering quality dog training at reasonable prices. We welcome all dogs – large or small, purebred or all American, purchased or rescued, dogs needing basic training or dogs ready for competition.
All of our instructors are volunteers and are very qualified to teach their respective classes. Most have earned titles and/or certifications on their personal dogs and some are even AKC judges.
We recently expanded our facility to almost double the square footage we had in the past. There is plenty of parking and rest room space for both humans and canines. Our training areas are fully matted with heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. We are easy to get to off I -75 or RT 35.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to “train you to train your dog.”
Some of our class start times have changed due to Covid mandates of social distancing and those changes will be reflected in the Descriptions page for classes.
Due to the Covid19 situation, we will be implementing these additional safety precautions:
· Masks must be worn by all owners/handlers during class - you will not be allowed to participate in the class without an appropriate face covering.
· Instructor will wear a mask and sanitize hands before going over each dog.
· Owners/Handlers should maintain a 6 foot distance between each other during class.
· Owners/Handlers should not arrive more than 5 minutes before your class.
· Please do not bring other observers or family members to this class, limiting the amount of people in the building is our goal.
· Please use Door 4 to enter and exit the building which is the door at the top of the ramp on the highway side.
Now that DDTC is open, we will be following AKC guidelines which include COVID-19 General Practices for clubs and Exhibitors. DDTC will be required to follow state, local and facility guidelines that apply to the area and site where the event is held.
DDTC will practice social distancing consistent with the guidelines at the time of the trial. Students and exhibitors may be required to wear masks on site.
Here's a good AKC site about training dogs to be comfortable around people wearing masks:
The DDTC offers all levels of the AKC CGC Program
More Info: AKC CGC Program
General Club Questions?
Please call 937-293-5219.
Contact Dennis Steinke at Wetry4par@aol.com
Scent Work Questions?
Contact Darlene Rak at 937-306-2156
Obedience and/or Rally Class Questions?
Contact Corky Andrews at 937-434-3822.
Contact Richard Eppley at email@example.com.
The DDTC Event Calendar is on the Members page..
The DDTC Brochure is available here: Brochure.
The February 2020 issue is available on the Members page.